Captain’s Classic Meatloaf Recipe
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1.5 cups crumbled white bread
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp sweet hot mustard
- 2 tbsp Captain’s Everything Seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Captain’s Gourmet BBQ Sauce (divided)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a square baking dish, add olive oil and smear around the bottom of the dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, white bread, red onion, shallots, Worcestershire, sweet hot mustard, eggs, salt, Captain’s everything seasoning, ketchup, 1/4 cup of Captain’s BBQ Sauce (reserve the other half for the next step) and mix together.
- Shape the meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape and place in the middle of the greased dish. Add half the cherry tomatoes to each side and smear on the remaining Captain’s BBQ Sauce and sprinkle with brown sugar. Using tinfoil, create a dome around the meatloaf dish and put it in the oven.
- Bake for an hour with the aluminum foil on it, and then finish it for another half hour with the foil off or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Let the meatloaf sit for a few minutes before serving.
- It’s even better the next day when you use it in this delicious meatloaf sandwich recipe.