The Captain’s Honey Chipotle BBQ Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings and legs
- 1 tbsp baking powder (NOT BAKING SODA!)
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Captain’s All American BBQ Sauce
- 2 tbsp Captain’s Key West Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp local honey
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Wash chicken parts and set out on countertop for an hour or so until they begin to dry and get room temp.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Add 1 tbsp of the baking powder and the salt to a ziplock bag and toss chicken into – shaking until all parts are coated. Spray a tinfoil lined baking sheet with nonstick spray and place coated chicken wings and legs down. Cook for an hour at 250 so that the fat renders out and the wings start to get crispy.
- Turn the heat to 450 and cook for another 20-30 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Add the Captain’s All American BBQ Sauce and Key West Chipotle Hot Sauce to a clean ziplock bag and toss until each piece is entirely coated. Put on a plate and drizzle with honey and finish with chopped cilantro and toasted sesame seeds.